Welcome to the Shen Lab at UNLV
With Bioinformatics, Genomics and Proteomics tools, we study signal transduction pathways mediating plant responses to environmental stresses and the molecular mechanism controlling seed dormancy and germination.
Our Specific Research Interests Include:
- Development of Database and Bioinformatics Tools for
- Genome Analysis and Gene Annotations
- Predictions of Gene Responses to Environmental/Development Cues
- Transcriptome Analyses.
- Molecular Mechanisms Controlling Seed Dormancy and Germination, and Plant Responses to Abiotic Stresses
- Tissue-Specific and Developmentally-Regulated Gene Expression
- Production of biofuel from desert plants