Welcome to the Shen Lab at UNLV
With Bioinformatics, Genomics and Proteomics tools, we study signal transduction pathways mediating plant responses to environmental stresses and the molecular mechanism controlling seed development, dormancy and germination.
Our Specific Research Interests Include:
- Development of Database and Bioinformatics Tools for
- Genome Analysis and Gene Annotations
- Predictions of Gene Responses to Environmental/Development Cues
- Predictions of Gene Functions--Subcellular Localization, Protein Motifs etc.
- Molecular Mechanisms Controlling Seed Dormacy and Germination, and Plant Responses to Abiotic Stresses
- Tissue-Specific and Developmentally-Regulated Gene Expression
- Production of biofuel from desert plants